I meant to start this blog three weeks ago when I quit my job but it kinda slipped my motivation. Ironically, my reasons for quitting my job were because of my lack of drive when it came to putting pen to paper or, finger to key, I should say.
I have to apologise here for the pretty basic look of my blog, having never done one before I'm just getting to grips with how the template works. Still pretty unsure how to centre the title.
Anyway, so I quit my job. I'd been at a loss for a few months and was thinking I really needed to get to work on my book otherwise it was never gonna happen. I couldn't lie to myself anymore that I was going to get it done in my own time or during my annual leave as I never did, discount the last couple of weeks of 2013 when I got some time in to enter a competition. Needless to say, I didn't make the shortlist.
Qutting a well paid job to follow my dreams was a pretty crazy move, I'll admit that. Since I handed in my notice I've been fairly terrified. For me, money has always been a worry - something I must've picked up from my mum - and just exactly what I'm going to do in three months' time when I run out of my savings I don't know. All I know is that I better have finished my book otherwise I'll have really wasted my time.
I was meant to start yesterday but I'm having trouble sitting down, after a pretty heavy drinking and smoking session I woke up with a bad cough and pulled something in my back. Three weeks later and my left leg is a write off. I'm getting some treatment from an osteopath at the moment and it's happily eating into my savings. Whatever I've done to myself, it's pretty bad. Got myself a decent supply of cocodamol and ibuprofen to see me through the worst of it. Finally managed to get a half decent night's sleep last night so that's something at least. Here's hoping tomorrow I'll have a productive day and not waste time on Netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment